Presentations and Videos
- The Marcellus and Utica Shales: Geologic Considerations (November 2011): Presentation at Marcellus Summit, 2011. Michael Arthur, Marcellus Center for Outreach and Education, Penn State
- Managing Marcellus: A Panel Discussion featuring a variety of perspectives from professionals on all sides of the issues, (November 2011): Penn State Geography Coffee Hour with Jim richenderfer, Susquehanna River Basin Commissions; Bruce Snyder, Range Resources; Kathy Brasier, Penn State Agricultural Economics and Rural Sociology. Panel moderated by James Grace, Goodard Chair, Penn State School of Forest Resources.
- Potential Surface Water Impacts from Natural Gas Development, (August 2011): David Yoxtheimer, Extension Associate, Marcellus Center for Outreach and Research (MCOR).
- White papers, presentations from Natural Gas Utilization Workshop (June 29-20, 2011): Penn State
- Video - Typical Horizontal Drilling and Hydraulic Fracturing
- The Pennsylvania Marcellus Shale Short-Term Ambient Air Sampling Project., (June 16, 2011): Nick Lazor, CHief, DEP Air Quality Monitoring Division
- Lifecycle Greenhouse Gas Analysis of Natural Gas Extraction & Delivery in the U.S., (May 2011): Timothy J. Skone, Office of Strategic Energy Analysis and Planning, National Energy Technology Laboratory (NETL).
- Water Issues Surrounding Natural Gas Extraction, Hughesville High School, Jan. 16, 2011 - Part 1: Scott Perry, director of the Bureau of Oil & Gas Management, Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection; Part 2 - Dr. Terry Engelder, profess or geosciences, Penn State; Part 3 - Q & A with Scott Perry, Dr. Terry Engelder and Joe Lima, program manager, Schlumberger.
- Terry Engelder, Cumulative Environmental Effects of Gas Drilling, Laporte High School (Sullivan County), Jan. 14, 2011
- Brown Bag Series videos
Monthly seminars on Marcellus-related topics
- Regional and Local Community Economic Impacts of Natural Gas Development
Tim Kelsey, Penn State Cooperative Extension (Legislative Information Session, Penn State, August 2010)
- Overview of Legal and Policy Issues in Marcellus Shale Development
Ross Pifer, director, Agricultural Law Resource and Reference Center, Penn State (Legislative Information Session, Penn State, August 2010)
- Marcellus Shale: Direct Workforce Needs Assessment Preliminary Findings
James Ladlee, Marcellus Shale Education and Training Center; director, Clinton County Cooperative Extension (Legislative Information Session, Penn State, August 2010)
- Water Treatment Solutions for Marcellus Natural Gas Development
David Yoxtheimer, EMS Extension Associate, Marcellus Center for Outreach and Research (Legislative Information Session, Penn State, August 2010)
- Impacts of Marcellus Gas Play Development on Transportation Infrastructure
Barry E. Scheetz, director, Center for Dirt and Gravel Roads, Penn State (Legislative Information Session, Penn State, August 2010)
- Introducing the Marcellus Center for Outreach and Research and its Mission (Legislative Information Session, Penn State, August 2010)
- "Why is Marcellus Shale Such a Hot Topic?" Ross Pifer, Penn State Law, highlights legal issues in Marcellus development
- WPSU - Water Quality and the Marcellus Shale: Live Call-In (May 27, 2010) with Tom Murphy, co-director, Marcellus Center for Outreach and Research
- PSU Extension: Marcellus Shale Education: Economic and Community Development (February 1, 2010)
- Spring 2009 EarthTalks - Marcellus Shale Series
- WPSU - Pennsylvania Inside Out: The Pennsylvania Gas Rush (July 25, 2008)
- WPSU - The Pennsylvania Gas Rush (May 28, 2008)
- Cooperative Extension's Recorded Webinars (includes webinar and related materials)
Presentation Materials for Conference Attendees